Monday, April 06, 2020

Global charity run for COVID-19 Relief

A video clip I took of myself training during the COVID-19 Quarantine in the Comox Valley was used in the above video montage produced by I-Run-Far (at around 2:25) for their Operation Inspiration.

Because of COVID-19 most of the ultra-marathon and mountain races scheduled for the Spring of 2020 have been cancelled or postponed. Many of the race directors, sponsors, and athletes upset by this turned it into a good thing by coming up with the idea of doing a virtual race. This past weekend I took part in "Operation Inspiration" a global charity run organized by I-Run-Far, joining 1600 long distance runners from around the world. Together we raised over $52,000 dollars for the World Health Organization's COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund.


When my race bib number arrived the day before, I found it had a spot where I could write in who I wanted to inspire by doing this. After giving it some thought I realized how much work the cashiers were doing during this quarantine - so I put them down. Cashiers, you are my heroes. Those working at Walmart, Superstore, Costco, and other grocery stores, helping us to continue to have the necessities we need to survive. Brovo!

I picked a 20 km route to run that followed the Forbidden Plateau road heading up 1750 feet 10 kms and then back down again. Here are some edited video clips I made while I was doing the run Saturday morning documenting my progress(below).

1 comment:

panindia said...

Plan india is a child rights organisation providing children, especially girls, with access to education, healthcare, protection and livelihood opportunities. • Plan India is a child rights organization providing children, especially girls, with access to education, healthcare, protection and livelihood opportunities